14 Comments

1. Debbie
    12/12/2011

You mentioned that consideration was once for a “clothing optional”…Will it be? We DESPARATELY need something reachable by people who have hiking limitations but enjoy nude soaking. This could be Idaho’s answer to Orvis Hot Springs in CO!!! Please, Please, Please?

I know that there are other geothermals in the area, if not this one, would the developers consider developing one or two of them and posting them to warn those who would be offended to walk “up” on one?

2. 3/24/2012

You missed one. I would say Twin Springs Resort is clothing optional too.

3. 3/24/2012

Where is Twin Springs Resort?

Any answer on The Springs in Idaho City? I used to live in IC and went to Warm Springs when it was open.

4. 3/26/2012

Just search Twin Springs Resort on Google. They have a Facebook page and website that works OK. Either way, one of the best places I’ve ever been. I plan to go back a lot. It’s not letting me link or type a bunch on it for some reason?

5. 3/26/2012

There we go. I’m not sure what happened. Anyway, they are 1-2 hours outside of Boise depending on conditions. I would recommend some kind of 4×4 in the winter, as it is 20 miles up a dirt road, and conditions can be iffy. In the spring/summer/fall, it’s no problem and I’ve seen plenty of cars up that road, just be ready for a bumpy hour or so. It’s the only road into Atlanta in the winter, which is why it’s maintained. Speaking of which Atlanta has some really nice public (natural) 4 and 5 star hot springs of their own, but be ready for an all day trip, as it’s 60 miles each way up this same dirt road. Very scenic though.

6. 3/26/2012

Anyway, Twin Springs. Basically they have 3 cabins with nice big decks overlooking the Boise river that you can rent. Each one comes with it’s own big, private hot spring tub that you can control temps perfectly, all the way from 90 to 140 degree F in the matter of minutes with the inflow pipe. Also one of 3 hot springs in Idaho with no sulfur content at all in the water, it’s perfect. Full amenities, you just bring your food/drink. They also have a couple additional places off the river that you can rent, also with hot tubs. And best of all a full communal pool/pond, and rock/mud steamhouse built into the side of an underground, with hot water running through the bottom. It’s quite the experience, I highly recommend it, and plan to go back many many times.

7. 3/26/2012

Speaking of which, for this Springs Resort in Idaho City, what exact date are they opening? I know they say the 150 anniversary which is this year since they were founded in 1862, but what month/day exactly? Can someone give me the scoop. I want to check this out, day one!

8. yahoo can bring my grandchildren like my grandma brought us to the hot springs. back to this being a hot spot for camping and entertainment and close to boise.

9. 6/15/2012

Early Fall 2012 is the new go live date! I’ll keep you updated!

10. 1/26/2013

Feb. 14! More info. coming soon!

11. Noah
    1/27/2013

Isn’t Bergdorf (allegedly) clothing optional as well…after dark? It’s commericial.

12. sam
    3/15/2013

Does anyone know if there are campsites here? are they open now? Or who to contact for camping or pool reservations?